We're thrilled to announce that Hebert Design/Build has been awarded "Best of Houzz 2015" in the design category. More than 25 million monthly unique users from the Houzz community weighed in and selected us from the 500,000+ active home building, remodeling, and design industry professionals.
Houzz has quickly become the leading platform for home remodeling and design. Even if you're not currently planning a major renovation, you can still get a ton of value from this site, thanks to its deep library of helpful articles, gorgeous pictures, and array of featured products. And the best part? It's free!
Here are eight things to check out on Houzz:
1. What's your design aesthetic? Take this fun quiz to determine your design style...and then see some gorgeous images that reflect your style.
2. Get a sense of remodeling costs in your area. Costs cover a wide range of renovations (kitchen, bath, etc.) and home improvements (e.g. roofing, windows, insulation). See the high-end, low-end, and average costs for any given region in the US.
3. Working with an interior designer just got easier. If you fall in love with an interior designer's work on Houzz, only to discover he or she is not in your area, fear not! Discover why you can make the relationship work along with seven other things interior designers want you to know.
4. Say hello to innovative products that will make you say WOW. Imagine a waste paper basket that resembles a balled up piece of paper. Or a hanging rack for books. Or stemless wine glasses. You'll find all these things--plus so much more--in this article featuring some of the most inspired products around.
5. Create awesome ideabooks that capture all of your favorites. It's simple to create an ideabook for every idea you possibly have, from cool kitchens to perfect flooring to everything in between. Check out our ideabook on colorful furniture.
6. Ask questions. Get answers. Do you have a question about a picture you see on Houzz? Go ahead and ask. You'll be surprised at how helpful the Houzz community is. Here's an example of someone who asked a question about one of our projects along with our answer.
7. Read honest reviews. Check out the reviews written by real people regarding different professionals, products, even articles. You'll find reviews of our work here. (We invite you to leave your own review if you worked with us in the past.)
8. Discover projects galore. If you can dream it, you can find it on Houzz. Here's one of our favorite projects of a custom home on the water. You'll find many sun-drenched shots. Hey, we can dream, right? (It's been a VERY long February.)
Are you on Houzz? What's your favorite thing about this exciting platform? Share in the comments below.