Happy New Year! (We can still say that, right? It is January!)
We hope you had a great holiday season and that your 2018 is off to a great start, despite the unusually cold weather we've had this month. Of course, the cold gives us all an excuse to stay inside lounging by the fire and catching up on our reading. To that end, we have five home renovation-related articles to add to your reading list.
1. Interior Design Trends Expected to Take Hold in 2018. We love reading interior designers' predictions for the upcoming year, and this article does not disappoint. However, you should take any so-called "trends" with a huge grain of salt. Remember, YOU are the one who has to live with whatever changes you make to your home. So don't chase trends. Instead, focus on what will bring you the most joy day in and day out. (Although we must admit trough sinks for the bathroom are kinda cool.)
2. Pantone named its color of the year. And "Ultra Violet" is the winner. Again, it's always neat to see what's trending, but if purple isn't your thing, that's OK. That said, if you do like playing around with whatever color is deemed "hot," remember you don't need to remodel a whole room in a purple hue...just focus on some accents, like throw pillows or other decorations.
3. If we think about spring hard enough, will it happen sooner? That pesky groundhog will be making his prediction soon, but until then, you'll just have to settle for this article on gardening ideas you can plan for now.
4. How does remodeling impact animals in the home? When it comes to home renovations, we always pay close attention to how the work will affect humans, especially kids and the elderly. But Fluffy and Fido deserve consideration as well.
5. Thinking about a renovation in 2018? Here's why planning matters. Bottom line: you can never plan too carefully. This article explains why. While you're at it, check out why timing is everything and tips for figuring out home renovation budgets -- fantasy vs. reality.
And, of course, if you're moving forward with a renovation this year, give us a shout.