Our Custom Cabinetry Shop
We offer custom cabinetry and finishing in-house to homeowners and builders (for both residential and commercial projects).
This service provides our clients with many benefits, including the following:
- Excellent artistry. Dave Bouvier is the manager of our cabinet shop, and cabinetmaking isn't only a trade to him—it's his passion. He has deep experience in the craft and he takes pride in every set of cabinets he makes.
- Better control over the build schedule. Manufactured cabinets require significant lead time, often 8-12 weeks, depending on the level of complexity. For clients working with us, we have better control over their build schedule since we do everything in-house (and we typically finish our custom cabinets in 4-6 weeks, presently).
- Materials that last. We use 3/4-inch plywood boxes, which are much heavier and sturdier than nearly all other cabinets you'll find out there (most are 1/2-inch boxes). We also use Blum hardware for drawer slides and door hinges. Blum's quality is unmatched.
- A truly custom look. Nothing beats custom cabinetry and its impact on a space. Make your home truly yours by having us make your cabinets to your exact specifications.
- No skimping—ever. If you request painted cabinets, you can rest assured that we'll be using quality materials underneath. We don't take advantage of the fact a piece is going to be painted to use inexpensive lumber that may cause defects later on.
As for types of cabinets that we make, if you can dream it, we can likely craft it. Think custom kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, office cabinets, desk cabinets, TV cabinets...the list goes on and on.
Interested? Wondering about next steps? If you're a Hebert Design Build client (or you're thinking of becoming one), you'll naturally benefit from having this service. If you're a builder (or a homeowner working with another builder) in the Rhode Island area and you're interested in quality custom cabinetry, give us a call to discuss: 401-792-4890.
In the meantime, check out some of our cabinet work below (including a couple images of our cabinet shop). Click on any of the pictures to see the full size. More to come!