Rhode Island Home Improvement: Think Gorgeous Kitchen Renovations
At Hebert Design/Build, we have extensive experience in quality kitchen design, remodeling, and renovations. Whether you're finally creating the kitchen of your dreams or creating more space to accommodate a growing family or something different, we can help.
Below are examples of some gorgeous kitchen renovations we completed.
Click on Any of the Kitchen Renovations Below to Enlarge the Images.
Kitchen Renovations: Details on the Images Above
- Pictures #1 - #4. In this light and airy white kitchen, the owners wanted a bright and cheerful space that was also highly functional. Details: Soapstone countertops with Brookhaven Maple cabinets in antique white with oil-rubbed bronze hardware and stainless steel appliances.
- Picture #5. This kitchen is from a whole house construction project that you can read more about (and see other shots) here.This kitchen is meant for serious entertaining. It features two sinks, two refrigerators, two dishwashers (one residential and one commercial), and two ovens. The countertops are granite, and the kitchen cabinets were finished on site with a conversion varnish and glaze. The photo is taken through a pass-through to the dining room.
- Pictures #6 - #13. The kitchen renovation took place in an 18th century home.The pine flooring was originally stained a dark color. We sanded the floor and refinished with a light finish of thinned down floor enamel and three coats of water based polyurethane. Regarding the area with the range, we patched up the old chimney and added new brick behind and alongside the range to create a cooking alcove. In the living room, we added an entry closet by stealing some space from the adjacent laundry room. The closet door is an old reclaimed 1" thick door purchased by the homeowner and refurbished by us. We used acorn hardware and strap hinges to match the existing hardware in the house.
- Pictures #14 and #15. In the cherry kitchen with the long kitchen island, we took this 1970s home and transformed it into something sleek and contemporary.The house consisted of many small rooms and a tiny kitchen. In an effort to open up the space, we combined three rooms to create an updated cherry kitchen/family room that opens onto a mahogany deck. The owners now enjoy plenty of natural light and a fabulous view of the backyard where wild turkeys, deer, and other wildlife congregate. In addition, we created a lovely sitting area next to the gas stove, perfect for curling up with a good book. The whole space went from outdated to out of this world!
- Pictures #16 and #17. In the pictures with the small center island with the wine rack beneath it, we completely re-arranged the floor plan. The owners wanted an open floor plan that would accommodate entertaining with a rustic feel while maximizing the ocean view. Details: granite countertops, wood floors made up of random-width reclaimed antique heart pine, Candlelight Bridgeport cabinets in cherry with a merlot finish, Country Pullout faucet in satin nickel and manufactured by Rohl.
- Pictures #18 - #20. This was a whole house renovation, and we designed the project as well. The owner wanted a more open floor plan and more attention paid to the details. The kitchen now has a welcoming appeal, thanks to the attached living area (you'll note shots from both the living area perspective and the kitchen's perspective). The custom cabinets, granite counters, and stainless steel appliances provide a contemporary aesthetic, and the beautiful hardwood floors, which we also installed, complete the look.
- Pictures #21 - #24. The is a kitchen in a Providence condo. The current homeowners wanted a contemporary kitchen that maximized space, so we rolled up our sleeves and got to work. We replaced all the cabinets, electrical, plumbing, insulation, plaster, trim, and paint. The only original material is the gorgeous oak flooring. Read more here.